Hidalgo’s Festival of Lights starts at sunset every night throughout the month of December.
For more information, call (956) 125-2444.
SCHEDULE & SPECIAL DATES
Sunday December 1st
- 5:30 p.m. — South Texas College Festival of Lights 5K Fun Run in the Lights
- Sunset — Lights on! Festival begins.
Monday December 2nd
- 6 p.m. — Festival of Lights Illuminated Parade
- Wednesday December 18 — Hidalgo Ramon Ayala Christmas Posada
ICE-SKATING RINK Open every night throughout the month of December except Dec. 24.
INDIVIDUAL TROLLEY, TRAIN AND HORSE-DRAWN WAGON & CARRIAGE RIDES Sold on site (City Hall) only.
- $5 Narrated Trolley or Train
- $7 Horse-Drawn Wagon
- $40 Carriage Ride
DINNER CONCERT TROLLEY TOUR PACKAGE
Take a narrated tour aboard a train or trolley and learn a little about the history of Hidalgo. Tours include a roast beef supper, complete with musical entertainment! For ticket information, call (956) 843-5311.
- TIME: 7 p.m.
- DATES: December 3 through Dec. 20 (except Dec. 18)
- COST: $12 per person
- FOR TICKETS: Call (956) 125-7541
- Dec. 3 Tue. — PSJA Memorial Choir
- Dec. 4 Wed. — Hidalgo Mariachi Nueva Racies
- Dec. 5 Thu. — Valley View High School Jazz Ensemble
- Dec. 6 Fri. — Hidalgo High School Pirate Band
- Dec. 7 Sat. — Instituto Reynosense para la Cultura y Las Artes Choir
- Dec. 8 Sun. — Estudiantina Guadalupana
- Dec. 9 Mon. — Estudiantina Guadalupana
- Dec. 10 Tue. — Estudiantina Guadalupana
- Dec. 11 Wed. — Estudiantina Guadalupana
- Dec. 12 Thu. — Estudiantina Guadalupana
- Dec. 13 Fri. — Estudiantina Guadalupana
- Dec. 14 Sat. — Estudiantina Guadalupana
- Dec. 15 Sun. — Valley Community Choir
- Dec. 16 Mon. — La Feria High School Symphonic Band
- Dec. 17 Tue. — Magic Valley Chorus
- Dec. 18 Wed. — Hidalgo Ramon Ayala Christmas Posada
- Dec. 19 Thu. — Vanguard Academy High School Band
- Dec. 20 Fri. — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Youth Choir